When applying for caregiver or CNA jobs, it is important to stand out. Why? The more you stand out, the more calls from employers you’ll receive, the more job offers you’ll get, and the greater your chances of getting the hours and wages you’re seeking. That’s right…a better myCNAjobs profile can lead to more money! Here’s what we recommend. It takes about 5-minutes to create a great profile to start receiving calls for work.
- Start or edit your profile. If you don’t already have a myCNAjobs account, start the application process by finding any job that looks interesting and clicking apply: https://www.mycnajobs.com/jobs-near-me. If you already have a profile, go here to log into your account: www.mycnajobs.com.
- Be flexible. The more shifts and schedules you select, the more calls you’ll receive to discuss roles.
- Select all of your skills and certifications. Make sure to highlight everything you have already done. Don’t worry if you don’t have skills yet in the care field, there’s free caregiver certification available on myCNAjobs and you can also take a 75-hour online PCA/HHA course here).
- Outline why you want to be a caregiver and why a company should hire you. There are two open-ended questions at the end of the application that ask “why you”. These are the most reviewed questions by employers! Companies want to know who you are and your motivation for wanting to care for those in need. They want to hire people that are reliable, have a passion, and will be a great teammate. Be yourself, shine, and tell a story. Profiles with a good story get 3X more calls for jobs!
- Once you have a profile created, send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” and let us know you’ve just applied. This will register you to receive special job alerts that will notify you when jobs match your criteria and were just posted in your area. Our recruitment team will review your profile and be in touch with job matches and to invite you to hiring events and other interviews.
Good luck, caregivers! We appreciate your hard work and salute your service. It’s our privilege to play a role on your career journey to help connect you to meaningful jobs, companies, and training.